1. I’m obsessed with cheap sunglasses. But then, you probably already knew that…
2. I have so many “favorite” songs that my kids make fun of me for frequently exclaiming “This is my favorite song!” when we’re in the car listening to the radio. I love music, and I love my iPod because all my favorites are in one handy place.
3. I love to eat. I can’t remember the last time I left food on my plate. Picking a favorite food is like picking a favorite air molecule.
4. On the other hand, I can’t stand the smell of cooking rhubarb. And don’t try to tell me it tastes good; I won’t go near it.
5. When I first came to California, I had about $1,000, no arrangements for somewhere to stay, and one good friend looking after me.
6. I’m into cycling. Over the last few years, I’ve put more miles on my bicycle than my car.
7. My first job was a paper route. The worst thing that happened was when one wheel fell of my bike part way through my route while I still had a heavy sack of papers. It was still dark out. I reset the wheel (despite having no tools) and finished the route.
8. The first concert I ever saw was the Doobie Brothers. I did not smoke, let alone inhale.
9. Even before we talked about having kids, I wanted a boy named Erik.
10. I convinced myself two boys would have been fine, but it’s a good thing we had a girl, because I really wanted a girl. I persuaded Karen we should name the girl Lara.
11. I think Audrey Hepburn is the classiest actress who ever lived.
12. Daniel Day-Lewis is my favorite actor.
13. The only two shows I watch are 24 and 30 Rock. I wonder if those could be combined into one bizarre show called 54 Rock… Jack Bauer rescues Liz Lemon from a terrorist attack.
14. By my own choice, I switched from a private high school to a public high school after sophomore year.
15. About 10% of the songs on my iPod are Beatles songs. I don’t think they ever made a bad record.
16. One of my greatest thrills was when I flew in an ultra-light plane. I couldn’t understand why my dad, who was a trained pilot and flew in gliders (as well as powered aircraft), would not go up in that plane.
17. When I was about 6, my whole family drove off to church without me. I didn’t mind; I was all dressed up and ready to go, playing in the sandbox.
18. My favorite concert was Carlos Santana.
19. Currently I’m reading Telegraph Avenue by Michael Chabon, who is my favorite author.
20. Yosemite Valley is the most beautiful place I have ever been. And that includes Toledo, Ohio.
21. As far as I know, I’ve never met anyone from South Dakota. I do know at least one person from North Dakota. Come to think of it, I don’t remember ever hearing a news story out of South Dakota. That’s still considered part of the U.S., right?
22. Are we only at 22?
23. I don’t know what I want to be when I grow up.
24. You’re almost done! Just complete the next one hundred pages with accurate information and you will qualify to read #25. You must complete at least one offer…
[Note: this list was originally posted on my FB profile in February 2009 but has been slightly altered.]