Another reason I was so tired last night is that it took me quite some time simply preparing for today. I have a million things (again) on today’s to-do list, so I wanted to leave the house early and get a quick start. It’s all in the preparation.
Holy hand-cart, here is what I loaded into my car before heading out for the office:
- One large tote bag with my yoga mat and clothing — have to take that today, because I’ll be commuting on my bike tomorrow.
- Change of clothing for the office, again due to the cycling commute Tuesday; I always keep a business-casual set of clothes at my office for this reason.
- A reusable shopping bag with enough food for two lunches, today’s and tomorrow — tuna salad sandwiches, leftover meatballs and rice that Karen made for dinner the other night, apples, and mandarin oranges.
- My briefcase with important papers that I need to deal with today, some of it following up on the tax work I did yesterday morning (ugh).
- A backpack with running clothes, because I’ll be stopping at Sports Basement, before going home tonight, to participate in a running club.
- A stack of Christmas cards to take to the post office.
Sheesh. Hmmm, hope I didn’t forget anything…